Webinar On-Demand: CPRA & the 2023 Alphabet Soup of U.S. Privacy Regulations
June 12, 2023 | Webinars
California’s enactment of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) in 2018 signaled a fundamental shift in the U.S. approach to privacy. As of 2023, California has added protections via the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”), and several states have adopted their own state consumer privacy laws. Meanwhile, Congress is getting closer to enacting federal privacy legislation.
Businesses operating domestically and internationally must stay on top of these constantly evolving requirements.
Watch the webinar on-demand, hosted by Paragon’s Megan Kelly with featured speaker Jenny Sheridan, Principal, JLSheridan Law, as they discuss CCPA as modified by CPRA in the context of a hypothetical B2B SaaS company and provide a high-level overview of the other U.S. state privacy laws.
- What is required with the expiration of the B2B and employee exemptions in January 2023?
- What are the new requirements for Service Provider agreements?
- What is the new purpose limitation and what do companies need to do to be in compliance?
- What is the sensitive data category?
- What are impact assessments?
- What is automated decision making?